Today the report of the "Observatory of housing for tourist use in Catalonia 2022" was presented at the Barcelona Economic Circle, prepared by the Multidisciplinary Business Institute - University of Salamanca, with the support of Federatur and Fevitur.

" />

PRESENTATION OF THE "HUTS OBSERVATORY IN CATALONIA 2022" STUDY

Summary of the main points that have been made:

  • The economic impact of Spanish travelers on housing for tourist use in Catalonia amounted to 2,649.9 million euros in 2022.
  • Of the total expenditure, rent accounts for only 25.7%; The remaining 74.3% corresponds to expenses on services such as restaurants, commerce or tourist activities.
  • 42.1% of users look exclusively for accommodation in homes for tourist use as their preferred option for their vacations.
  • Half of the users come from the same autonomous community of Catalonia.
  • 75.3% of users make stays with family or as a couple, compared to those who do so with friends (17.6%) or other circles (7.1%).
  • The use of tourist homes is increasing: in 2022 they were used an average of 3.5 times per person per year, while in 2019 the figure was 1.23. The intention of travelers to stay in these also increases, going from 69.6% in 2019 to 84.1% in 2022.
  • The average reservation for tourist homes in Catalonia in 2022 was 5.2 nights for 3.8 people.
  • The factors that have the most weight in the accommodation decision are price and location, with both factors scoring 4.5 out of 5.